Carol Davison
A
If you’re interested in finding out about plants that are native to your area, there are hundreds of websites to help. Gardening with native plants is a small action that can have a very positive impact on the ecosystem, especially if you replace monoculture grass with diversity!
Jeanette King @Jeanette
Fantastic presentation and discussion on herbicide impacts on pollinators, native plants, etc. Such a timely topic. #NativeFlowers https://youtu.be/8zlLFqsnk...
Herbicides: A Double-Edged Sword? What We Know about Herbicide Impacts on Pollinators - YouTube

Herbicides, "the chemical hoe," make up more than half of global pesticide sales and use, and are widely applied in agriculture, residential landscapes, and ...

09:49 PM - Apr 28, 2023
10:10 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Berit Talan
A
In response to Carol Davison.
I'm converting another large part of our front lawn to a (mostly) native gardening bed this season! I'm excited! Here's the plan... lets see how it goes...
06:53 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Carol Davison
A
In response to Berit Talan.
That’s fantastic! Looks like a lot of planning. I’ve been working on mine for about 3 summers, using lasagna gardening to expand a bit each year. I’ve got a lot of room yet but it’s so awesome to see how they spread year over year. It’s hard to source true #nativeplants sometimes
07:06 PM - Apr 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}