PeaceMama
A
Spending lots of time in the rabbit hole of AI in school. How to teach it meaningfully? Hope to teach our kids to think critically about it?

Any one else out there thinking about this stuff? #ai #ChatGPT #chatGPTInSchools
12:49 AM - Feb 11, 2023
brash
A
In response to PeaceMama.
Think about. Used it. It's obviously powerful. Seems maybe like a calculator. I think easier thing would be to get an "interested" child to try it. Will have to find a way to resolve for the other issues. Kudos for teaching/thinking about this. You will probably figure some things out first
02:55 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Vanna J. Hoodlander
A
Running into the rabbit hole with most technology in class. So many of my students still equate AI with negative overtones. But have no problem treating my new Promethean board like a giant toy.
12:55 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Jim Calkins
A
I’m long retired but still thinking about new teaching resources. As a middle school writing teacher, I watched assignments evolve on Google Docs from brainstorming through drafting, so there wasn’t any (much), “I did it all last night.”

So, “Use ChatGPT to generate a rough draft. Now, revise.”
12:59 AM - Feb 11, 2023
Bess Scully
A
In response to Jim Calkins.
My 17YO and I were playing around with chatgpt and having it write essays about obscure medieval funerary pieces for his AP Art History class. We were having a hard time even discerning the accuracy of what we were reading. Really wild.
01:17 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}