Zook
A
Great news on the Dale Hollow Eaglets! A rescue is going to be attempted to free them from the fishing line that they have been entangled in in their nest for the past several days. #Eagles #daleholloweaglecam #animalsinthewild #AnimalsInNeed
08:49 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
In response to Zook.
This is great news. So glad they made the decision to intervene. Hopefully it's soon enough that DH17's talon can be saved. Whew! You know River is going to be hopping mad. I want to be able to watch, but I'm glad I can't. I'd be a nervous(er) wreck.
10:33 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Zook
A
In response to Dawn Wolfe.
I was worried all day until I read that the rescue was successful. And I agree with you in hoping that it was in time to allow for a full recovery for poor DH17. Or was it DH18? I have read both numbers as the one which had the serious injuries. Either way, s/he is in good hands.
06:17 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
In response to Zook.
You're right. It looks like it was DH18. I've not seen video of the rescue yet, have you? Just checked the Dale Hollow YouTube channel. Nothing.
08:38 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Zook
A
I haven’t seen anything yet except some still photos. Mostly, have been checking American Eagle Foundation’s social media.
09:53 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
In response to Zook.
Ditto. The live feed is back up again. The single eaglet looks lonely, but I know it's not. So much drama these past couple seasons in this nest--especially this season.
11:57 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Zook
A
AEF posted an update on DH18’s condition. In surgery now (or was), will be touch and go for several days. I’ve only been following the nest starting this year. Plus, SWFL and Big Bear. Wasn’t prepared for so much of nature’s drama. 😟
They also said that they’re working on the rescue video.
03:02 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
In response to Zook.
Just found the rescue vid on FB. https://fb.watch/kbXMKyvyDx/?mibextid=CDWPTG
05:11 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Zook
A
Thanks! This is different from the one I saw, which was 10-12 minutes of Nick at the nest. It adds a lot more to the story. Incredible effort by so many people. AEF’s update today:
#daleholloweaglecam #Eagles #AnimalsInNeed
05:56 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
In response to Zook.
Would you share the link to that video, please?
09:04 AM - Apr 29, 2023
Zook
A
Good morning. Here you go:
DHEC Rescue - YouTube

April 26th, 2023: One Dale Hollow eaglet was been rescued and is under the care of the American Eagle Foundation (AEF). The remaining eaglet appears to be ph...

09:11 AM - Apr 29, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
In response to Zook.
Holy smokes! That's one of the coolest things I've ever watched. And I'm so glad it wasn't shared live. I'd have been a hot mess watching that unfold in real time. How interesting that the line was with an opossum. Thanks again. I really appreciate you sharing that with me.
10:15 AM - Apr 29, 2023
Zook
A
I agree. Best to not show it live. I have watched it several times. Fascinating, heartwarming, educational, intense, and cool! Yes, I caught that about the blob of line having part of a possum carcass. Did you hear him name DH17 “Emily”? Emily the eagle. Awww.
12:33 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Dawn Wolfe
A
In response to Zook.
Thanks, Zook! 🦅💜
09:13 AM - Apr 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}