Doxy Music ?™
A
#bluesky , new SM platform thats INVITE ONLY.

Bit like how Google Gmail started out, & people used to sell the invites on Ebay.

Invite only does not work, tho does stop server demand overload in early days & ensures existing networks are built up from day 1.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm...
12:27 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Resident_hippie
A
In response to Doxy Music ?™.
Didn’t Facebook start w/invites? I remember getting one way back when, thought it was icky & never signed up ¯_(ツ)_/¯ . ❤️🌀
03:30 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Doxy Music ?™
A
In response to Resident_hippie.
Not sure if Fb was invites, or just spam ... heck, its still doing it & spammed my parents with my account (some how ... & I was trying to stay low key on my Fb IRL).

But as it also did a random ID request, & forced my profile name last name to change to birth name ... :(.
04:00 PM - Apr 29, 2023
J Leep
A
Why would anyone go with the guy that allowed Twitter to devolve into the mess that it is?

I don't think his philosophical position will lead to anything but what twitter currently is.
12:58 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Doxy Music ?™
A
In response to J Leep.
Absolutely.

Twitter's internet safety is a joke, we can get around & do a lot that we should not be able to do, such as clone accounts etc (we play with features lol).

The Appeal process is flawed & inconsistent ... its just a flit with the wind & to anyone but a causal observer, noticible.
01:12 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
I think BlueSky are doing invite-only just for that exclusive house party feel. It doesn't work as a way to limit server load. If the servers can't autoscale to keep up with registration surges, then they aren't ready to receive users. They will just overload once the users start... using things.
12:56 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Doxy Music ?™
A
#bluesky rolling out as invite only, allows profiteering like ticket touts for concerts or sports events.

#Spoutible did it right & on a tech journalist preview, waiting list & pre-registrations so were able to predict/gauge likely demand.

Wont be long before #scammers see a new opportunity too.
12:32 PM - Apr 29, 2023
OKJoAnn
B
😃
12:32 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Doxy Music ?™
A
In response to OKJoAnn.
Just waiting for all the scam emails to start circulating & people begin to loose money buying non-existant invites.

Guess Jack Dorsey's non-compete clause has expired 😁

#bluesky
12:35 PM - Apr 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}