Courtney McCain
A
I am a Christian who vehemently opposes attempts by the so-called "Christian" right to make this country into the Christian version of Iran.

I believe in freedom of religion and freedom from religion.
12:40 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Kay Geary
A
In response to Courtney McCain.
Agree!
04:21 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Chanelle S
A
Ditto! NO forced religion in any context--the separation of Church and State is one of our most important founding principles. I have no desire to live in a theocracy, much less to impose one on someone else! Also- most current brands of Christianity bear no relationship to the teachings of Christ.
02:46 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I am a believer in the teachings and example of Christ, but not of organized religion. Too much blood has been shed throughout history in the name of religion. IMO I think Christ would feel the same way about our houses of worship today as He did about the temple that he toppled.
02:30 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
Also, Christ welcomed and loved all. Many people who call themselves Christians are filled hate and bigotry.
02:31 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
Same. I am disgusted by the right’s attempt to force “God” into public schools., doctor’s offices, and hospital exam rooms. Separation of church and state is a must for democracy.
02:02 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
Thank you for saying this. I am not a believer, but I have lots of family and friends who are devout Christians. Many (I wish I could say "all") feel the same way you do.
It's awfully easy to paint with a broad brush, but we really don't have to.
12:53 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Buffalodavid AKA Stargeezer
A
And I as an atheist, stand by you and support you in that.
Voltaire may have never said that line about not agreeing with what you say, but defending to my death your right to say it.
But he should have.
And may you live long and prosper.
12:50 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Eddie Stewart
A
In response to Buffalodavid AKA Stargeezer.
LLAP 🖖🏾
01:55 PM - Apr 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}