Patrice Brost O'Rourke
A
So as I'm paying at the vet's I was asked by the guy behind the counter my age.
I reluctantly told him and then ended up getting a $25 discount for being 'my age' (old)

Unfortunately I now have to go spend 15k for a face lift😳
05:16 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Patrice Brost O'Rourke.
I remember smiling when a clerk asked for my id when buying beer, then apologized. Not as fun anymore, they check your id at our local Wegmans regardless of your age.
06:33 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Patrice Brost O'Rourke
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
In New Jersey regardless if you're 90 or 21 they have to card you when buying liquor

So there's that 😳
07:21 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Where's the fun in that? 😀 Same in PA (I live in DE, but they don't allow wine sales in groceries; Costco is the exception as it's a standalone store next to the main Costco).

The complain on NJ that comes to mind is not allowing you to pump your gas (hope I don't get you started!).
07:38 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Patrice Brost O'Rourke
A
No you can't pump your own gas which is fine by me since I don't drive. You can't buy alcohol in a grocery store, a Walmart. Cosco, convenience store any place like that, only in a liquor store
In response to Stewart Tan.
08:28 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
👍 one less thing to worry about!

Sounds similar to DE... PA is even stranger, I think the Wegmans is allowed to sell wine because there's a restaurant in the store. I love it when I visit my son in VA or my brother-in-law in NC, just go to Harris Teeter / Trader Joes to get my value wine!
08:32 PM - Apr 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}