Iris Pérez
A
Happy Monday!

Last week someone asked me what the Minnesota equivalent to "bless your heart" is.

I've landed on, "that's too bad," as the passive aggressive or "nice nasty" equivalent.

Tell me I'm wrong. Dare you.

#MinnesotaIce
11:50 AM - May 01, 2023
M
A
In response to Iris Pérez.
“different” carries a lot of shade too. “Oh. That’s different.” Or, “Well, ya know, some people just like to be different.”
12:55 PM - Jun 22, 2023
Scott Caruso
A
A co-worker of mine would say "it's all good" when all was demonstrably not good. It took a while for me to realize she was telling me "Scott, you're an idiot."

I now see this is a common phrase around here. What's more passive aggressive than insisting things are good when they are, in fact, not?
05:45 PM - May 01, 2023
Iris Pérez
A
In response to Scott Caruso.
Up here I can see how that might be used passive aggressively. In a city like Detroit though people use “it’s all good” sincerely. Context is key 🔑.
10:34 PM - May 01, 2023
Gino Gangai
A
I was lead to believe, thanks in large part to Bobby's World & How I Met Your Mother that Minnesotans responded to everything with "Don't Cha know"
and that every Minnesotan knows exactly where they were when Gary Anderson missed a field goal in the Minnesota Vikings 1999 NFC Championship game.
03:51 PM - May 01, 2023
The Mad Genius of Spoutible
A
Maybe "That's...interesting."
12:10 PM - May 01, 2023
Iris Pérez
A
In response to The Mad Genius of Spoutible.
Not the first time I’ve heard that’s the equivalent 😄!
03:41 PM - May 01, 2023
jim Novak
A
12:07 PM - May 01, 2023

Only followers of this user (Aaron_kan_read) can see their posts

Iris Pérez
A
In response to Aaron Reid.
Or as my friend from Duluth says, “ When everything is passive aggressive it’s hard to choose one phrase.” Ha!
03:44 PM - May 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}