Mary OContrary
A
People talk about caterpillars becoming butterflies as though they just go into a cocoon, slap on wings, and are good to go.

Caterpillars have to dissolve into a disgusting pile of goo to become butterflies.

So if you're a mess wrapped up in blankets right now, keep going.

- Jennifer Wright
12:38 AM - Apr 11, 2023 (Edited)
Yolanda
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Reminds me of that time I bought my oldest daughter a butterfly kit so we could watch the process in our homes and it terrorized her. 😩🥹 It is not a lovely process. She reminds me of it and it has been over 10 years.

The process isn’t beautiful but the outcome…
12:18 PM - May 01, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
Bless her heart. For a child, I can see how it would be unnerving, and to say "Trust the process" doesn't help them much at that age. I'm really glad she got a chance to see the end result, and I hope it put her heart/mind at ease.
In response to Yolanda.
12:27 PM - May 01, 2023
Yolanda
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
No, trust the process is often meaningless to young minds. It was thé expectation that the emerging process would be as appealing as the beautiful butterfly. It was not. She does understand, as a young adult, that growth is not comfortable but is well worth it.
12:34 PM - May 01, 2023 (Edited)
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Yolanda.
I used to raise Monarchs, so I understand exactly what you mean. When they first break out of the chrysalis, it isn't a pretty sight at all because their wings are still wet and crumbled. It takes a few hours for their bodily fluids to fill the wings, and then several more before they can fly.
12:41 PM - May 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}