Angela Jarman
A
A second bivalent booster was approved yesterday finally by the CDC for those over 65 yrs and with weakened immune systems. Protect yourselves
03:41 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Angela Jarman.
Does it also protect specifically against the new variants?
06:53 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Angela Jarman
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
It's the bivalent w/ Omicron BA4 & 5 strains, of which the new subvariants are still offshoots of. It doesn't protect completely against infection from the newest variants but still protects against severe disease & has some protection against transmission at least in the 1st couple months
03:20 PM - May 01, 2023
Angela Jarman
A
And, completely hypothetical on my part but I often wonder if the Omicron targeted shots should've also had a part 2 like the originals did? Like, would the protection last longer after getting a 2nd one in the same way?
Not sure but I want as much protection as possible
03:22 PM - May 01, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
I want as much protection as I can get, too. Interesting thought regarding getting two shots for greater protection. It'll be interesting to see what comes out about that. I've wondered if they stuck with one because of supply? Maybe?
07:39 PM - May 01, 2023
Angela Jarman
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
I could swear I remember hearing that there would not be enough bivalent booster shots to boost the entire US population, and the reason might've been $$?
If anyone finds that info please post it. Would explain a lot
04:33 PM - May 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}