Jonathan Berman
A
It's kinda weird that delivery services for food in the US have us tipping before we even receive the service. Am I supposed to use my psychic abilities to know how well the driver is going to do? Let us tip AFTER. Grubhub
05:22 PM - May 01, 2023
Jewels & Binoculars
A
In response to Jonathan Berman.
Same model in play at every US cafe, juice bar, sandwich shop counter. You're expected to tip up front before you get your order. And the people at the cash register are totally cool with it. As a boomer, it reads to me as entitlement tho it's probably just ignorance.
05:33 PM - May 01, 2023
Jonathan Berman
A
In response to Jewels & Binoculars.
Some delivery services will prioritize orders based on the size of your tip too.
05:37 PM - May 01, 2023
Jewels & Binoculars
A
And even if you win the bidding war for delivery priority there's no feedback loop for botched orders or service. Sounds thoroughly unaccountable to me. Urrrrgh.
05:44 PM - May 01, 2023
Jonathan Berman
A
The real silver lining is that 20 years ago the only food you could get delivered was junk, and now we have access to a much greater variety of foods.
In response to Jewels & Binoculars.
05:52 PM - May 01, 2023
Jewels & Binoculars
A
I live in a rural area where pizza delivery is still king. Fortunately I have the great luxury of time now that I'm retired and can make everything we like to eat at home. Come the day when I have to have my groceries delivered, I will have to pay the piper, I guess! Buon appetito for now. 🥦
06:08 PM - May 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}