Seth Abramson
A
(🔐) RETRO EXCLUSIVE: Twitter Enters Its “Red Alert” Phase

Twitter is on death-watch as Bluesky leaps up the national social-media platform rankings. But Spoutible is *also* holding strong. Hope you’ll subscribe, read and share.
https://retrostack.substack.com/p/the-top-100-twitter-alternatives-3c7
12:37 AM - Apr 30, 2023
Torri Oats
A
In response to Seth Abramson.
I only need to learn the hard way once. Jack screwed us over with Twitter so I won't give him another chance with his new little platform.
12:57 AM - Apr 30, 2023
Mathias
A
In response to Torri Oats.
He built a FREE tool that millions used happily for years to connect with others all around the globe.

I doubt that he did anything intentionally to screw people over. IMHO.
11:37 AM - Apr 30, 2023
Torri Oats
A
In response to Mathias.
I have complicated feelings about Jack. To me, the product was a public utility that informed, connected and educated. We've lost something important. I'm ticked off he vouched for the new owner. Jack never maximized its potential partly because he was running another company. It's a great loss.
11:23 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Mathias
A
Many people have believed that Mr. Musk was a genius for years. I have never been a fan.

He made a crazy offer that the board, which works for the shareholders, could not refuse.

If someone offers me 1 million dollars for my 16-year-old car that costs much $ to maintain, I'd take it.
07:50 AM - May 01, 2023
Torri Oats
A
In response to Mathias.
I don't disagree with you. I think the board had to sell to fulfill their responsibilities.

Jack was a champion of the sale though. He thought only Elon could fix it. He was wrong and remained silent until he launched his new project. Now he's singing a different tune. It's just too bad.
04:15 PM - May 02, 2023
Mathias
A
I would change my tune if someone drove the thing I had worked on for years into the ground.

Nobody will probably ever know what they were really thinking at the time. Oh well.
04:25 PM - May 02, 2023
Torri Oats
A
I would change my tune long before I had a new competitor launching. It was clear very early on Elon was not going to be good for the company or the world.
In response to Mathias.
04:33 PM - May 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}