Seth Abramson
A
(🔐) The Truth About Bluesky: 5 Things You Absolutely Need to Know About the Buzzy New Social Networking Service

Subscribe to either site to read.

PROOF: https://sethabramson.substack.com/p/the-truth-about-bluesky-the-five

RETRO: https://retrostack.substack.com/p/the-truth-about-bluesky-the-five
07:57 PM - May 02, 2023
Shirlster
A
In response to Seth Abramson.
I’m thankful to follow you here, as I’m not going to subscribe to Bluesky. This is the platform for me, and I anticipate the breaking news becoming more and more streamlined, it’s definitely the underlying ethos and protocols that have swayed me.
I subscribe to your Substack as a solid back up!
T
09:59 PM - May 10, 2023
Shirlster
A
In response to Shirlster.
Thank you Seth for your unwavering dedication to give us very deep dives into background, facts etc, often horrifying ones, so we can make up our own minds.
10:03 PM - May 10, 2023
Diane Turner
A
Seth. I have been a subscriber of yours. I have to say I am disappointed that you are pushing Blue Sky so strongly and not giving as much promotion to Spoutible.
06:16 AM - May 05, 2023
OlympiaDonna
A
“ Twitter CEO Elon Musk is so worried about Bluesky that he has started throttling or blocking certain Bluesky links on the bird site, per Casey Newton of Platformer. ”
08:48 PM - May 02, 2023
Lollanna
A
I also see the same patterns happening, Dorsey is letting on only big names(that's fine) & only high volume users, so creating this aura of, if you don't have a big a following you really have nothing to contribute, which is so wrong, so many have bought followers throughout the decades.
08:01 PM - May 02, 2023
Mathias
A
In response to Lollanna.
There are currently 50,000 users in the beta.
Most of those were invited by invites from friends, then friends, then friends.
And the first round of people who signed up for the waiting list.
Most of those are not big names.

I'm not a big name
Nor are the friends I invited
Not their invitees
08:09 PM - May 02, 2023
mikel
A
In response to Lollanna.
I have suspected as much... I've been on the wait list since Oct 2022 and I know people who've signed up well after that suddenly have access...
09:01 PM - May 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}