markira
A
thread 1/3
I had a lapiplasty this morning (bunionectomy). Second foot, the first one was a year ago on the 13th. So far, it's going excellently (of course, my foot is still numb, lol).

I'm very excited to have two feet that won't hurt me every day, all day.
08:37 PM - May 03, 2023
markira
A
thread 2/3
Podiatric surgeon, under general anesthesia. He did a lapidus bunionectomy. I was off my feet completely for the first month, then gradually over the next few weeks added weightbearing with an aircast. My recovery went very well, I have been very pleased with results.
06:51 PM - May 06, 2023
markira
A
thread 3/3
Recovery time for my lapidus bunionectomy was about a month of complete non-weightbearing, and then gradually moving over to weightbearing. There is quite a bit of swelling, too, so getting back into a regular shoe takes some time.
06:54 PM - May 06, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
In response to markira.
I've been reading about that surgery. My bunion isn't quite bad enough for the surgery, yet. What was the recovery time? I'm a runner and I am apprehensive about the time off required. I've worked hard to get my speed up.
10:19 PM - May 03, 2023
markira
A
thread 1/3
Recovery time for my lapidus bunionectomy was about a month of complete non-weightbearing, and then gradually moving over to weightbearing. There is quite a bit of swelling, too, so getting back into a regular shoe takes some time.
06:54 PM - May 06, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to markira.
what was recovery like after first foot? did you have it done by a podiatric surgeon or orthopedic surgeon? were you knocked out or local only? i have more questions but i’ll follow up if you reply.
08:40 PM - May 03, 2023
markira
A
thread 1/3
Podiatric surgeon, under general anesthesia. He did a lapidus bunionectomy. I was off my feet completely for the first month, then gradually over the next few weeks added weightbearing with an aircast. My recovery went very well, I have been very pleased with results.
06:51 PM - May 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}