Glenn Farrington
A
Welp...just got home ten minutes ago. But I'm here for the next hour. AMA...and don't make me drink my writer's tears...well, after these last few days, I feel like I earned a shot or two.
09:00 PM - May 04, 2023
Tanisha Mathis
A
In response to Glenn Farrington.
Minus extravagant settings and explosions, how else can we write a script to be mindful of budget?
09:29 PM - May 04, 2023
Glenn Farrington
A
In response to Tanisha Mathis.
Here's something you don't find out about until you've experienced it...but I'm here to tell you...especially in TV...stay AWAY from night scenes. That brings up the budget considerably.
09:31 PM - May 04, 2023
Rachel Esselle
A
In response to Glenn Farrington.
Hope you get some time to rest!

Quick Q: Have you ever had a moment (or moments) in a room where everything was just singing, and everyone was building the story, and it felt like magic was at play it was so unbelievably smooth?
09:04 PM - May 04, 2023
Glenn Farrington
A
In response to Rachel Esselle.
Those are without a doubt the best times had in a room. That being said, quite often if it's a comedy room, all that time was usually not just putting a scene together...but trying to beat a joke...9 times out of ten, the first joke is the one you usually go with. But that journey is fun!
09:07 PM - May 04, 2023
Glenn Farrington
A
In response to Rachel Esselle.
In a Drama room, this happens a lot and usually lasts longer...most often when you're breaking the episode.
A lot of pitching, even if it's not the next step, leads the room in another direction no one thought of...and then everyone's off to the races again.
09:09 PM - May 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}