TSKeets (I follow back)
A
thread 1/7
“That means three different sets of jurors have concluded that Jan. 6 was no spontaneous riot. It was planned, organized, incited & led by individuals & groups in a conspiracy against our democratically

https://www.washingtonpost...
05:18 AM - May 05, 2023
TSKeets (I follow back)
A
thread 2/7
“…elected government.”
“Prosecutors have shown evidence that Tarrio was in contact with Stewart Rhodes, the founder of the Oath Keepers, during the post-election period when Trump was pushing his false “stop the steal” narrative. They showed that the Proud Boys defendants exchanged messages…” 2/
05:21 AM - May 05, 2023
TSKeets (I follow back)
A
thread 3/7
“vowing to keep Trump in office “by any means necessary including force,” as a member of the Proud Boys who cooperated with prosecutors testified.”

“Evidence at the trial showed that three of the men convicted Thursday of seditious conspiracy — Ethan Nordean, Joe Biggs and Zachary Rehl…” 3/
05:25 AM - May 05, 2023
TSKeets (I follow back)
A
thread 4/7
“…led a group of about 200 Proud Boys away from the Ellipse rally & toward the Capitol even before Trump had finished speaking, or ranting.”

“The defendants themselves didn’t participate in the worst of the violence at the Capitol; Tarrio wasn’t even in D.C. that day. But prosecutors argued…” 4/
05:29 AM - May 05, 2023
TSKeets (I follow back)
A
thread 5/7
“…and jurors agreed — that Tarrio, Nordean, Biggs and Rehl were the leaders who sent other Proud Boys to commit some of the most violent acts of the day, systematically breaching police barricades & viciously attacking officers.”

“Jurors are getting it right…” 6/
05:31 AM - May 05, 2023
TSKeets (I follow back)
A
thread 6/7
“The insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was not “legitimate political discourse,” as the Republican Party officially wants you to believe. It was a violent criminal conspiracy against our democracy…”
05:38 AM - May 05, 2023
TSKeets (I follow back)
A
thread 7/7
“Now we wait to see whether the man without whose incitement Jan. 6 never would have happened — Donald Trump — is made to face his day in court as well.”
05:38 AM - May 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}