Nancy M
A
What happend to J Neely was homicide. I lived in NYC. One night I was on the subway when a man got on. He was harassing pple & he came at me. I put my arm out to block. He grabbed me. While men looked away, the women responded by getting him off & holding him down until police arrived. No one died!
09:41 AM - May 05, 2023
Lisa Moorman
A
In response to Nancy M.
I am glad you are ok. I also want to thank you for having compassion for the mentally ill in spite of being traumatized and assaulted.
06:08 PM - May 05, 2023
Erica
A
In response to Nancy M.
I'm sorry you went through that. I can't even imagine. I'm also angry that there is little to no support for people who are mentally unwell. We need to do better for everyone. I'm a born and bred NYCer and I dream of a time when public health is prioritized over police.
10:30 AM - May 05, 2023
Nancy M
A
In response to Erica.
Thanks! I was appalled at the lack of response from the men. They didn't want to get involved. Women flew into action. They piled on top of this guy and held him down while simultaneously yelled at the men for their inaction. Those women were my heroes! But yes, mental health sources is key
10:39 AM - May 05, 2023
Lisa Moorman
A
In response to Erica.
BFF is a NYer. I was warned I’d see things on the subway. Only one time was it scary, we got up and moved. I could tell the riders were tense, yet ready. Nothing happened, no one was hurt. We need more compassion.
06:10 PM - May 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}