Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 1/6
If you lived in #NYC 3 years ago, do y’all remember banging pots & pans out your windows for the #HealthCareWorkers at 7:00pm every night? 🙏

For a brief point in time, before trump poisoned the covid well, even conservatives in the NY metro area took that shit seriously 👏
Suzanne JaaaNONYA @WWAmplifyingBW
It was very weird & surreal.

Northeast Jerz was like CLOSED at the very beginning (the first outbreak in Jersey was a couple towns away from me 😬)

People really took that shit seriously (here) at the beginning… especially in the city… constant ambulance sirens are a good reminder 🙏💔
08:03 AM - May 05, 2023
09:22 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 2/6
I remember this video vividly: Even folks in #StatenIsland the maga-est borough of all, SHOUTED and shamed some maskless woman out of the grocery store in the early #COVID days.

THAT’S HOW FCKIN SCARY the NY metro area was the first couple months 👏

Sirens ALL DAY & NIGHT in the city 💔🙏
09:30 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 3/6
So I guess this is my first real 🧵 on #Spoutible 👏

#COVID throwbacks so we make sure we #NeverForget 👏

Obvs Cuomo hit the political wall, but I’m THANKFUL the govs of NY/NJ/CT got together & adopted the same game plan, cause *everyone* knew the NY metro area was in this TOGETHER 👏
09:57 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 4/6
This is my favorite pic from the early #COVID days 🙏

This SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE VIBE, across all ages & political affiliations, but NOOOOO, trump decided to make it POLITICAL.

And the entire #GOP & #fox followed suit, which led to their illiterate masses exacerbating the disaster aka MORE DEATH 💔
10:04 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 5/6
I started tracking state-by-state #COVID data in March 2020 cause I knew trump #GOP #fox couldn’t be trusted 👏

I have receipts for miles, y’all.

I was tweeting at Florida & Texas “get vaxxed or GET DEAD” in mid June 2020, BEFORE #Delta hit them, cause I’m a MATH GEEK & saw it coming 👏
10:15 AM - May 05, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
thread 6/6
I’m such a geek that I started incorporating @charlesgaba state by state vax rates into my #COVID spreadsheets, which made it easy to calculate the fact that 67% of the deaths from the #Delta wave were from #Florida #Texas and the 20 lowest vaxxed states 👏

Don’t fck with math geeks #IJS 👏
11:07 AM - May 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}