TL Duryea
A
So the USA and Canada shot down a #UFO and it's probably another #ChineseSpyBalloon and I have to confess this is concerning. Not because I think we were wrong to shoot them down, but I have to wonder if this is the PRC getting involved in the Russian effort to start #WWIII . Thoughts?
05:28 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Hillary Waugh
A
In response to TL Duryea.
It's def concerning since there seems to be a lot of activity. But i wonder if we're having a bit of confirmation bias too. We're only noticing it now but it's always sorry of been happening. And the recent spy balloon nonsense is making us more vigilant.
05:37 PM - Feb 11, 2023
TL Duryea
A
In response to Hillary Waugh.
2 in one week seems an escalation. But you are right...we don't know how much this was happening before.....
05:40 PM - Feb 11, 2023
William Toner
A
No. Spy balloons make no sense as a precursor for war, given Satellites are more effective, and not the technology won't fall into anyone else's hands.

This is them pointing a laser and tons of people following it like a cat because it's a shiny object, nothing more, nothing less.
05:34 PM - Feb 11, 2023
TL Duryea
A
In response to William Toner.
Exactly...a distraction...but a distraction from what
05:36 PM - Feb 11, 2023
Regina Michele
A
Having the same concerns. We don’t know if the last one was china or Russia.
05:33 PM - Feb 11, 2023
TL Duryea
A
In response to Regina Michele.
The PRC and Russia are long time allies, yet a complicated alliance. So far PRC has stayed relatively neutral on Russian aggression, but as the war in Ukraine grinds on....and the PRC has it's own domestic issues....upping the ante is something I can see happening.
😳
05:36 PM - Feb 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}