Shelton Bumgarner
A
it definitely seems as though a lot of what seems like nightmare scenarios could be simple reality when it comes to AI and the arts in the near future.

we're going to need legal carveouts if we're going to save a lot of high paying writing and creative jobs.
12:35 AM - May 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Shelton Bumgarner.
Wait for the other shoe to drop before getting TOO scared of this round. Yes, get those rules ready for down the line but I've yet to meet any tech that didn't come with drawbacks neither its proponents or opponents wanted to talk about.
12:41 AM - May 06, 2023
Shelton Bumgarner
A
In response to Ground Control.
things are moving really fast with AI. the most shocking part of it all is AI advancing when it comes to things that though required a unique human touch to do properly -- the arts.

within 18 months, everything from music to movies may be completely AI generated.
12:42 AM - May 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
I've heard this same panic on everything tech for four decades. So you will excuse me if I'm sneering at the notion and refusing to take the hype hustlers on faith. They got to gimme solid proof or they're wasting everybody's time.
12:47 AM - May 06, 2023
Shelton Bumgarner
A
I understand your sentiment. and you're right. the issue is I'm shocked at how fast AI generated art is improving -- especially in regards to AI generated photography -- and it doesn't seem to alarmest to fear that sometime soon entire movies will be AI generated.
In response to Ground Control.
12:50 AM - May 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
"Fear" is the keyword in that statement. It's what the hype hustlers count on to help spread the propaganda of their glorious new tech. It keeps people from asking questions on where it falls short.
12:58 AM - May 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}