Shelton Bumgarner
A
I don't think people appreciate that Hollywood may be on the cusp of being "Moneyballed" by AI in the sense that the Old Ways of making movies could be seen as quite quaint by producers in the near future.
12:34 AM - May 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Shelton Bumgarner.
Certainly the goal but I have doubts that Hollywood has either the skill or the actual tech to make it happen. Looks to me like they're selling you a nightmare to make you give up right now.
12:42 AM - May 06, 2023
Shelton Bumgarner
A
In response to Ground Control.
I'm not going to give up! far from it. but we have to be realistic and start to game out what happens when things we take for granted -- like only humans can generate high-quality art -- come into question
12:44 AM - May 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
You want to talk realism? Try this one: because these guys are so intent on doing EVERYTHING on the cheap, they will not invest the necessary R&D to perfect the AI right now. So the latter will remain useless, the arts will remain human-driven and so it will be until they finally spend the money.
12:53 AM - May 06, 2023
Shelton Bumgarner
A
fair point. my fear is that because of open source LLMs, even if they are cheap, they will have a significant bang for their buck to the point that the very thing I'm afraid of would still happen. but you're right. it's possible I'm being hysterical and nothing of note will happen
12:55 AM - May 06, 2023
Ground Control
A
I was afraid I'd lost you there for a second, friend. Be very, very wary about going down those rabbit holes. You get TOO scared by what you see, the only people who benefit are the opposition. Extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof.
01:02 AM - May 06, 2023
Shelton Bumgarner
A
u have nothing to worry about. I'm not overcome with fear or anything. I just feel I'm being realistic. I like to make my abstract fears concrete. we can't just assume everything is going to work out with AI. We have to at least contemplate that we might actually be facing the worst case scenario.
01:06 AM - May 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}