Satoshi Akima
A
thread 1/5
It's time for me to come out of the closet and declare myself an anti-masker. Get rid of masks! Wear respirators instead. Join me, and with our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict [PAPR respirator hisses] https://youtu.be/6tk9PNOHW...
10:17 PM - May 06, 2023
Satoshi Akima
A
thread 2/5
I spot elderly lone maskers in a surgical mask that protects others around them who do not return the courtesy. The wearer gets no protection. To tell them “masks work” is gross misinformation. We need to get the message out that only respirators protect the wearer.
10:20 PM - May 06, 2023
Satoshi Akima
A
thread 3/5
Wearer protection is the most important factor, as the best source control is for the wearer not to be infected at all. Exhalation source control of an infected source is just a secondary backup that can fail with violent sneezing or if the respirator is removed to eat.
10:23 PM - May 06, 2023
Satoshi Akima
A
thread 4/5
KF94 & KN95s are masks, not respirators—though, they function as respirators for a minority of lucky wearers who pass fit tests (pass = 100 points; average test score for KF94=6, KN95=3, surgical=2). If you are one of the fortunate few to pass in them, do keep wearing them as respirators.
10:29 PM - May 06, 2023
Satoshi Akima
A
thread 5/5
The days are long gone when we could mitigate CV-19 aerosol spread with masks. Today, the children of Omicron have evolved to become far too contagious via the airborne route for anything less than a respirator to be terribly useful. #covidisairborne
10:31 PM - May 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}