Neal Lewis
A
thread 1/5
The Texas GOP don't care about Allen just as it didn't care about Uvalde, Sutherland Springs, El Paso and all the other mass shootings that have occurred there.

They only care about 3 things: Power, Money and Guns. In that order.

Innocent lives are the currency that fuels the pipelines to all 3.
01:04 PM - May 07, 2023
Neal Lewis
A
thread 2/5
If the Texas GOP truly believed this bullshit "good guy with a gun" nonsense, they would've changed their laws to force businesses to allow guns on their property, eliminating gun free zones and allowing open carry truly everywhere in the state. The fact that they haven't makes me wonder why.
01:06 PM - May 07, 2023
Neal Lewis
A
thread 3/5
Business owners make their property "gun free zones" in order to create safe spaces for their customers to buy their wares without fear of catching a bullet.

No safety = no profit.
01:08 PM - May 07, 2023
Neal Lewis
A
thread 4/5
The TX GOP knows this. It's why they leave these "gun free zones" in place yet still lament their existence in the wake of these mass shootings. They care more about the profit these zones create, due to the business owners financially supporting their campaigns than about actually protecting people
01:10 PM - May 07, 2023
Neal Lewis
A
thread 5/5
What I've learned from this is that they value money even more than they value guns. They value profit so much they have freely put checks on the 2A in the form of these gun free zones.

What that should tell us all is that the "fuck you, I got mine" mentality is supremely insidious, nasty work.
01:13 PM - May 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}