Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/5
Some of y'all have got to get off of the "force people to see pictures of mass shooting carnage and then they'll vote for gun control." They saw the dead at Kent State, in Vietnam nightly on TV and in Life Magazine. They saw lynchings and Emmett Till. They simply don't care.
11:53 AM - May 08, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/5
Also, for real now, it makes you sound kinda terrible. Who would ever think, and enthusiastically advocate, the parading of the dead around to change the minds of those who have never once shown they care? It's disrespectful to the dead and those that love them.
11:55 AM - May 08, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/5
I never need to see those kids pulled apart by bullets at Newtown or Columbine or Parkland to know we don't need to have these weapons on our streets. Neither does Ted Cruz or Lindsey Graham. They just don't care. You don't think they may not have already seen them?
11:56 AM - May 08, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/5
Understand that legislation will change when we vote some of these awful fuckin Senators and Congressman out. And if er can't get rid of enough of them, we'll have to leverage something they want for something we want, which is rhe assault weapons ban.
11:58 AM - May 08, 2023 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/5
But slow your roll on parading out the dead for your cause when it will have little impact on who you think and could destroy the life of someone you're not thinking about at all.

I've seen crime scene photos. I made the educated choice to do so. What I saw will never leave me. It's a curse.
12:00 PM - May 08, 2023
Alan Smith
A
Yup. All it does is normalize something that should be unspeakable. I think, in part, the constant exposure has taught us that this is inevitable rather then an unholy choice.
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
11:55 AM - May 08, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Alan Smith.
Exactly. Mass shootings are already normalized, even if there are millions upon millions of people who desperate want to stop them with proper gun laws. We are in this purgatory, constantly losing people we love, because those in power have people to answer to that aren't "we the people."
12:21 PM - May 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}