Greg Westbay
B
MAGA is what happens when people that don't understand anything, fear everything, aren't good at anything, and are too selfish to help anyone decide that instead of working on self-improvement they will find other losers like themselves and tell themselves they are special.
06:45 PM - May 06, 2023
Chofu Alum
A
In response to Greg Westbay.
Yeah-we kinda made MAGA possible by not calling these behaviors out long ago.
Blame our very own "everyone is a winner' mantra (for decades) as opposed to "everyone has value" - which we clearly STILL have not embraced or put into practice.
Can't have a *winner* without a loser #PatriarchySyndrome .
07:17 PM - May 06, 2023
Greg Westbay
B
In response to Chofu Alum.
Interesting argument and I agree that there is too much emphasis on zero sum games. I am not sure who the 'we' that uses the 'everyone is a mantra'is, because the people I side with talk about community and society. But I think we are on the same page.
09:40 PM - May 06, 2023
Chofu Alum
A
Aren't *we* all a part of the same community/society? Is there some *other* being referenced? Because we, as a community/society, have decided, over the decades, that everyone is a winner- including the selfish/losers/etc and MAGAts were born, found each other and believe what *we* taught them.
11:15 PM - May 06, 2023
Greg Westbay
B
In response to Chofu Alum.
I used quotes because I think you are massively generalizing. I don't think anything about society as I know it says we are all winners. The society I live in tries to push the narrative that winning means making the most money no matter who you exploit.
09:58 AM - May 07, 2023
Chofu Alum
A
My point was WE created the *everyone is a winner* narrative instead of *everyone has value*. The winner narrative is a patriarchal construct. I make no secret that 'fck the patriarchy' is my mantra. We can choose to change it, but it requires the patriarchy give it up instead of doing mass murder.
11:01 PM - May 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}