Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
They're doing a new Star Wars film with Rey when Finn was right there. They insist on trying to make fetch happen when it just won't. I understand why John Boyega wants nothing more to do with them, but Rey was boring as hell to me.
02:39 PM - May 08, 2023
Erica Cooper
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I liked Rey (loved they pissed off the misogynist fan boys), loved Finn - and all I can think of is what the Rise of Skywalker would have been if Carrie had survived. As Force Awakens was Solo, Last Jedi was Luke, Rise was supposed to be Leia. Just been missing the light and force that was Carrie!
12:47 AM - May 09, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Erica Cooper.
Yes, I agree. But I think Rian Johnson took the trilogy so off course with The Last Jedi, it would be difficult to rein it back in with just one more film to go. When you're working with a legacy project like Star Wars, those 3 films should've been planned to death before the 1st was filmed.
08:25 AM - May 09, 2023
Erica Cooper
A
I need to go watch again, but Ibremember really liking Last Jedi. I also need to brush back up on my Joseph Campbell Power of the Myth. The Original trilogy was so much in line with that, and I suspect Rian did research that. I think the prequels sucked bc George forgot his own plans & inspiration!
09:19 AM - May 09, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Erica Cooper.
I hate the prequels. They demystify one of the greatest villains in movie history, and turn him into a petulant, simpering boy who went to the dark side so his secret wife and he would live forever. What the hell made him think Padme would ever want to live on the dark side?
10:28 AM - May 09, 2023
Erica Cooper
A
I never even bothered seeing the 2nd one of the trilogy. I ended up seeing the 3rd because a friend's little boy wanted to see it and at least I understood most of the stuff.
12:10 AM - May 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}