Krissy Lee
A
Yet another corner women have been painted into for ages. To be fair, many people across many cultures have been conditioned to this gender-specific behavior, and it isn't binary or flow in only one direction. Mo' money, mo' problems. Been true since before the first shekel. https://bzfd.it/3VQOTeu
11:21 AM - May 09, 2023
Lisa Hannon
A
In response to Krissy Lee.
2) 'I get to do something I love, something I’m proud of, and I get to contribute to a lifestyle. But the negative is I don’t feel like I could ever stop that unless I was with a partner that had equal or more income.'”
05:32 PM - May 09, 2023
Krissy Lee
A
In response to Lisa Hannon.
I dont like one-sided sacrifice. I think it's unfair responsibility on 1 person instead of a team. my ex tried to justify it with housework. I cant pay bills w/chores, he spent my money like there was an inexhaustible supply, & I didnt need the help. they would have cost less than he did anyway lol.
04:39 PM - May 10, 2023 (Edited)
Lisa Hannon
A
In response to Krissy Lee.
1) Very interesting article I'll share with some women friends.

I must say that as someone who's never earned more than $25,000/ year, I don't understand the woman making $300,000/ year: “'There are times where I feel a burden of having to work hard all the time to keep up with this lifestyle,' she
05:30 PM - May 09, 2023
Krissy Lee
A
In response to Lisa Hannon.
same thought. never been married but I've been in a situation where I was covering everything. He was working less & less and taking advantage. once I saw it, he had to go. And I dont think I'll ever find myself worried about keeping up a $300,000 lifestyle. a 1/3 of that would suit me just fine.
04:28 PM - May 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}