ML Pressman
A
thread 1/6
The King of BUPKIS Island

While it's achieved over a 75% on Rotten Tomatoes, the criticisms by those critics who did not react kindly to the series seem to be based on the same notion. That is BUPKIS is merely a repeat of the same themes of "The King of Staten Island".
07:01 PM - May 09, 2023
ML Pressman
A
thread 2/6
Firstly, I wouldn't call myself a fan of Pete Davidson. That's not to say I don't find him entertaining, but he made little impression on me during his SNL days. No hate, just no love.

Secondly, I thoroughly enjoyed Bupkis! The cast was stellar, every episode engaging, and a couple that really...
07:05 PM - May 09, 2023
ML Pressman
A
thread 3/6
...stood out, Episode 3 with Charlie Day and Jon Stewart especially. Edie Falco, Joe Pesci, Brad Garrett, Ray Romano contributed so much to the fun.

The problem isn't the series. The problem is the movie The King of Staten Island was bad. And, unfortunately, it came out first. Judd Apatow made
07:07 PM - May 09, 2023
ML Pressman
A
thread 4/6
a pretty crappy movie. And the issues with it were obvious but impossible for Apatow to fix. He had this entirely unnecessary substory that featured his daughter. It was drawn out, it should have been cut, but he wasn't going to do that to his own offspring.
07:10 PM - May 09, 2023
ML Pressman
A
thread 5/6
Instead, he ended up with a long drawn-out bore.

And it's unfortunate -- for Pete Davidson and Bupkis. Had that movie not been released and all we had was Bupkis, that Rotten Tomatoes rating would be around 95% and would be better loved.
07:12 PM - May 09, 2023
ML Pressman
A
thread 6/6
I do hope it finds its audience. Because I for sure would watch a second season.

#Bupkis
#PeteDavidson
07:13 PM - May 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}