🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 1/9
Been having trouble with emoji characters in your display name turning into question marks? I have a solution! Emojis are actually just special characters in the UTF-8 encoding (if you don't know what this means, it's not important). The first thing you need to do is get the code for your emoji.
09:55 AM - May 10, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 2/9
Go to this website & find your emoji(s). The first column is the emoji, the second is the encoding value that you will need. My emoji, for example, is: 🤘 and the encoding value is 129304. Instead of just putting the emoji in the display name field, I typed: 🤘 and saved changes.
10:01 AM - May 10, 2023 (Edited)
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 3/9
That's it! Enjoy the emojification of your display name! (Note: I'm not sure what the character limit is for display names, so that would be the only limitation of which I am aware).
10:02 AM - May 10, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 4/9
Solution to another issue.
01:27 PM - Jun 28, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 5/9
I ran into a special case when trying to help @Qest with adding country flag emojis to his display name. Windows doesn't display flag emojis in their emoji collection.

Flag emojis are actually two separate unicode characters that, when put next to each other, turn into a country flag.
04:38 PM - Jan 03, 2024
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 6/9
The characters are actually the ISO 2 letter character codes for the countries. The United States is US, so this should look like two blue blocks with U in the first and S in the second.
04:39 PM - Jan 03, 2024
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 7/9
Or, in some browsers (and on Macs), it'll show the flag:

(this may just vanish on me overnight, as it did in the messages with Qest, earlier, so these are the actual codes I used: 🇺🇸)
04:39 PM - Jan 03, 2024 (Edited)
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 8/9
I cannot guarantee that flag emojis will 'stick'. If you want to try, this is a reference page: https://www.alt-codes.net/flags

Note: the 'HTML Dec Code' on their page is missing a semicolon and, when copied, have a space.
04:40 PM - Jan 03, 2024
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
thread 9/9
Add a semicolon at the end of each &# series and make sure there is no space between them.

Yes: 🇺🇸 = 🇺🇸
No: 🇺 🇸 = 🇺 🇸
04:40 PM - Jan 03, 2024 (Edited)
Gibson59 💚 🌿 🌬
B
In response to 🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉.
Thank you it worked great
04:11 PM - Jan 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}