Garry Gentry AFC ®
A
thread 1/5
Over the last thirty years, the United States has been taken over by an amoral financial oligarchy, and the American dream of opportunity, education, and upward mobility is now largely confined to the top few percent of the population.
02:07 PM - May 10, 2023
Garry Gentry AFC ®
A
thread 2/5
The real challenge is figuring out how the United States can regain control of its future from its new oligarchy and restore its position as a prosperous, fair, well-educated nation.
02:08 PM - May 10, 2023
Garry Gentry AFC ®
A
thread 3/5
I’m not against business, or profits, or becoming wealthy. I have no problem with people becoming billionaires—if they got there by winning a fair race, if their accomplishments merit it, if they pay their fair share of taxes, and if they don’t corrupt their society.
02:09 PM - May 10, 2023
Garry Gentry AFC ®
A
thread 4/5
But that’s not how most of the people mentioned in this book became wealthy. Most of them became wealthy by being well connected and crooked.
02:10 PM - May 10, 2023
Garry Gentry AFC ®
A
thread 5/5
And they are creating a society in which they can commit hugely damaging economic crimes with impunity, and in which only children of the wealthy have the opportunity to become successful. That’s what I have a problem with. And I think most people agree with me."

Charles Ferguson, Predator Nation
02:10 PM - May 10, 2023
Garry Gentry AFC ®
A
Yes, I struggle with my attitude as for most of my life I've been an optimist that over the long run citizens come to a progressive outcome. I have grandchildren so want to hold on to that attitude. However my farm has a bunker and I'm a progressive not a wacko pepper like many are.
In response to George Carlin Was Right.
04:25 PM - May 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}