Erica Cooper
A
thread 1/3
Accountability post - one week and a day ago I started sleeping with my CPAP. It hasn't been the greatest transition, but I'm going to stick with it. I think I am sleeping better. (The first night, I slept clear through with it, even though the nose piece was, it turns out, too big!)
12:06 AM - May 11, 2023
Erica Cooper
A
thread 2/3
Well, turns out that my nose piece was still too big. I used the app, but they sent a "regular" mask aka not made for women, per the provider I visited for my consult. I'm getting used to it. I have it on right now just to get used to the feel and so I don't fall asleep without putting it on again!
04:02 AM - May 20, 2023
Erica Cooper
A
thread 3/3
My new rule for a while - even if I'm planning on staying up to read, if I'm in bed my nasal pillow is on. That way, I don't worry about falling asleep without having it on (like what happened the other night.)
04:04 AM - May 20, 2023
MudDauber
A
In response to Erica Cooper.
The big problem we all have to overcome, finding a CPAP mask that works. It doesn't help when there isn't an industry standard.
12:11 AM - May 11, 2023
Erica Cooper
A
In response to MudDauber.
Can there be an industry standard on masks, considering each face and head is different? I unpacked the mask, and didn't look at the nose piece that came on it. It was a medium, and I was prescribed a small (they'd included several smalls separately) But sliding around on my hair may be an issue.
12:15 AM - May 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}