Jae-Ha Kim 김재하
A
Years ago, my mom packed a picnic lunch for us with kimbap & banchan. When a group of strangers promised to guard our food while we went on a ride, she gratefully accepted. But they destroyed everything. I hope they rot in hell.
05:47 PM - May 12, 2023
dora
A
In response to Jae-Ha Kim 김재하.
As a fellow Asian, I feel you. During my 1st years here in the US, I also got strange stares when I bring out my lunch. But I was raised to always try new food, & I can’t imagine it any other way, bec PB&Js would get boring real fast.

I love Korean food btw! & my love has expanded from just KBBQ.
09:22 AM - May 13, 2023
Jae-Ha Kim 김재하
A
In response to dora.
I think that Korean BBQ is the gateway. People taste the banchan and then explore. There's so much delicious Korean food besides the grilled meat and I'm glad you are enjoying it!
11:03 AM - May 14, 2023
Monica Heilman
A
Gives me a flashback to when I shared my kimbap with elementary school friends who were curious about it. One girl put the whole piece in her mouth and made such a disgusted face that I said "you don't have to eat it." So she spit it out in front of me.

On a lighter note, you forgot Let's Eat 2!
07:03 PM - May 12, 2023
Jae-Ha Kim 김재하
A
In response to Monica Heilman.
When my son was maybe in 1st grade or so, we used to bring picnic dinners to his swim meets. Sometimes it was fried chicken, other times kimbap. His friends wanted to try it, said it was good. I offered them more & they politely declined. They didn't like it, but didn't want to hurt my feelings.
07:34 PM - May 12, 2023
Jae-Ha Kim 김재하
A
In response to Monica Heilman.
p.s. LOL! I couldn't get through Let's Eat 2. I just fast forwarded through and watched the food scenes, but couldn't deal with the "plot" in the one.
07:35 PM - May 12, 2023
Cookie
A
Wow, I just read your story. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm astonished that someone would even open your basket, let alone destroy it.
05:56 PM - May 12, 2023
Jae-Ha Kim 김재하
A
In response to Cookie.
Thank you. It never occurred to us that anyone would do that...because no one did that back home.
06:07 PM - May 12, 2023
David James
A
That looks so good
05:48 PM - May 12, 2023
Jae-Ha Kim 김재하
A
In response to David James.
It's delicious! Not as good as my mom's, of course!
06:08 PM - May 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}