EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson
A
thread 1/5
I once brought a book to pass the time on a plane trip -- as it happened in the seat next to me was a young boy (probably around 12) traveling alone. I don't know if he was autistic, or ADHD, or just very nervous, but every time I started to get into the book, he struck up conversation with me. --->
Read aBannedBook @RetiredLibrarian
Whenever I've traveled alone by plane, bus, or train, I've always made sure to have a book on hand.

#SpoutibleBannedBookClub #SBBC #books
12:39 AM - May 11, 2023
04:08 AM - May 13, 2023
A
thread 2/5
I would talk with him, the conversation would dwindle, I'd go back to my book, then he'd start again.

I might have read a page and a half the whole flight.
04:10 AM - May 13, 2023
A
thread 3/5
When the plane landed, whether because he was travelling alone and aided by the attendants or because his youthful energy hastened his departure (I don't remember which), he disembarked before the rest of the passengers.
04:15 AM - May 13, 2023
A
thread 4/5
Then, another passenger raised his voice and announced to the plane, "We owe this man a round of applause for his enduring patience."

Apparently (although I didn't think it was any big thing), the plane agreed and complied. I seem to recall some of the airline staff joining.
04:21 AM - May 13, 2023
A
thread 5/5
And that's my story about how listening to a young boy earned me a standing ovation.
04:22 AM - May 13, 2023
Laurie Boris
A
The struggle is real
In response to EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson.
09:44 AM - May 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}