Justin Minich
A
thread 1/5
🧵 The more #videogames games are corporatized, the less I want to play them.

All I see about #Diablo4 is how much content they have but no mention of the quality of said content.
03:28 PM - May 06, 2023
Justin Minich
A
thread 2/5
I see so many videos on the several overlapping systems for advancement and buffs and dungeon types, and it all feels like doing the RPG equivalent of doing taxes.

There is a point at which too much variety, granularity, and options becomes tedium.
03:31 PM - May 06, 2023
Justin Minich
A
thread 3/5
And apparently this will be another game like #Fallout76 which has multiple currencies. Motherfucker, I did not sign up for this fantasy crypto shit.
03:32 PM - May 06, 2023
Justin Minich
A
thread 4/5
There are only 3 big things I really care about when it comes to #games : 1. Is there an engaging story? 2. Does the game have an atmosphere that pulls you into the world? 3. Is it challenging and fun?
03:35 PM - May 06, 2023
Justin Minich
A
thread 5/5
So far I just see this dungeon crawler/meat grinder-shaped mass of complex bullshit. I just want to shake every YouTuber and #Blizzard developer going on and on about it and yell "BUT IS IT ANY GOOD!?!?"
03:35 PM - May 06, 2023 (Edited)
Justin Minich
A
I ended up playing a bit last night (and by a bit I mean I was up until 2:30 in the morning). So far my biggest issue is that you can't store healing potions in your inventory. For some reason it has it's own cap on how many you can carry and I'm not sure how to up that yet.
In response to Substantion_THEE_ Igra.
02:34 PM - May 13, 2023
Substantion_THEE_ Igra
B
In response to Justin Minich.
They’ve removed that this iteration. You basically consume what you need bc the enemies drop plenty of life potions during battle. You have to make use of teleport or the space bar for quick movement to get out of crowd problems in order to get to the life options dropped.
09:38 AM - May 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}