Salma Typhii
A
I knew #AOC would go to Bluesky. Spoutible has too many pragmatists for her shtick
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
BlueSky Ain’t It

“DON’T FORGET TO turn ‘Nazis’ off in your preferences!” a friend told me when I asked for advice about Bluesky Social, the latest fad in Twitter clones.
07:54 AM - May 13, 2023
12:42 PM - May 13, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Disappointing...I would also add that she may be too in love with social media combat to go for a place this peaceful and intolerant of such crap.
12:43 PM - May 13, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Ground Control.
I agree. That is what made her stand out and get famous. Sharice David (D-Kansas) got elected the same year as the first LGBTQIA+ Indigenous woman, but she is just a quiet junior representative who gets things done so no 9ne knows her.
12:51 PM - May 13, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Hate to say it but I'm afraid AOC may need enemies more than is good for her or eventual legacy. Like to be proven wrong but what is the point of going to a place that, per @Anonymous , has TOS which can be used to mess up your life?
12:55 PM - May 13, 2023
Belinda
A
This is a weird take. Larger co's and notable names are opting in because Bluesky has been successful at courting/serving more people quickly. I like the underdog, but Spoutible is not giving me what twitter did. I'll stick it out, but blaming AOC for choosing the more effective platform is... odd.
06:33 PM - May 13, 2023
JeffCO
A
In response to Belinda.
I was castigated earlier today for suggesting it's okay to criticize Dems when appropriate. Seems certain Dems are okay to criticize, but others are not.

It's weird, AOC seems to really irritate some people, but equally leftwing equally social media and TV present Eric Swalwell does not. 🤔
10:43 PM - May 13, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Belinda.
Nothing has been proven with Bluesky as yet. And what we DO know via the Bluesky TOS promises nothing good. You want to stick your head in the lion's mouth, be my guest. I'm staying here.
09:21 PM - May 13, 2023
Belinda
A
The weird take is that you accuse AOC of needing enemies, so that's why you allege she chose Bluesky. When really it's more likely a reach and exposure issue and her social media team is making the call for the platform that is more likely to be bigger.
06:52 PM - May 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}