Mary OContrary
A
I find it interesting that the concept of "woke" and "stay woke" has been around for almost 100 years and was part of the civil rights struggle in the 1960's.

Folks who hadn't slept through history and social studies would have learned this.

They say “woke”. I say educated.

#Woke
07:56 PM - May 13, 2023
Joan Capato
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
I cringe every time DeathSantis uses it, and it seems he uses it all the time. It's like a new word to him that he thinks is going to make him "more credible". To me, it's embarrassing.
08:32 AM - May 14, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
You would think by now MAGA republicans especially Ron DeSantis would have figured out that Liberals know what woke really means. He loves throwing the word around when referring to the Democrats like it's some kind of an insult. Surprise it isn't. Damn that guy is dense. smh
07:59 AM - May 14, 2023
R.A. Roth
A
The racists are trying to co-opt woke as a pejorative, and by one account I read on the Bird app, woke has morphed into a racist dog whistle, used either as a racial epithet or to label white people sympathetic with AA causes as a "woke-lover," if you get my drift.
03:21 AM - May 14, 2023
G. H. ✅
A
Decent article, IMHO it's wrong for any company to just use it for the purpose of profit, like in the case of Bud Light had they been sincere they'd went forward with the AD, they way the handled said they agreed with the haters, that said Woke in no way means what it originally did.
03:08 AM - May 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}