Mary OContrary
A
thread 1/1
I understand not everyone is interested in politics.

Yet if there were ever a time when our full attention needs to be on what is happening in red states across this country…NOW is that time.

2024 could make or break democracy in this country we love.

This is not an exercise. This is real.
Josol @Josol1626
As a horrified Floridian watching what is happening to my state, it makes everything very clear. You do not have to love everything the Democrats stand for- they do not need to tick off all the boxes. These elections are for the soul of our country- it is a vote for or against Democracy. That is it.
11:15 AM - May 12, 2023
10:59 PM - May 13, 2023
Vanessa White
B
In response to Mary OContrary.
Uh huh. Try telling that to millions of Dems who don’t grasp they have to vote blue no matter who. They’re too concerned with, too centrist, too liberal, too progressive. It’s terrifying to think they don’t realize it’s the blue candidate or full on autocracy. I’ve tried and been blocked 🙄
10:57 PM - Nov 03, 2023
John Noble
A
Well said. We need to stay kind to one another yet vigilant about erasing the hate and evil coming for us.
02:34 AM - May 16, 2023
AstroRicB
A
10:27 PM - May 14, 2023
ss m
A
D party is a big tent with lots of opinions & attempts to meet the greater good. You don't have to fall in love with every candidate, make room for everyone. Work.

R party is the zombie march to the apocalypse, fall in line & obey your masters, no matter what they say or do. Choose wisely.
10:12 AM - May 14, 2023
Sarah Gioia
A
And if you have local or state elections before that, vote in those, too. School boards, park boards, city council...it all matters.
09:45 AM - May 14, 2023
Michelle Has Time Today Schultz
A
A long while ago I thought politics didn't affect me. I'm so glad I learned that's just not true. I know there are a lot of other people who still believe that way but we really need them to take a moment and pay attention. We need them to be engaged now more than ever because we can't do this alone
09:29 AM - May 14, 2023
Sarah Gioia
A
In response to Michelle Has Time Today Schultz.
Right? Everything is political, or at least potentially affected by politics.
09:43 AM - May 14, 2023
Uncle Sugar
A
Floridian here, it can happen quickly, every election from here on out is a must win.
08:58 AM - May 14, 2023 (Edited)
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
Thank you for helping spread the message that it's all hands on deck to save democracy time. If we fuck this election up, there might be another. Do you really want the Trump family to become literally royalty? If your interested in maintaining democracy in lieu of fascist autocracy, time to work!!!
11:13 PM - May 13, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Matt Egan he/him/his.
My gut says TFG can’t possibly win. Then again, I said the same in 2016. 🤷🏻‍♀️

What I want people to understand is that the state and local elections are just as important as the top of the ticket.

We need to send extreme RW governors like DeSantis and Congressional members like MTG packing.
11:25 PM - May 13, 2023
Pro-Science Establishment Dem
B
I was scared in 2020. I'm terrified now because I feel so many people see what's going on and just dgaf.

The abomination of the CNN "town hall" is proof of that, for me.

That, and the absolute insanity in red states that so many are just "meh" 🤷‍♀️ about because it doesn't affect them.
11:08 PM - May 13, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Pro-Science Establishment Dem.
The CNN fiasco scares the hell out of me, too. Is the media so completely tone deaf that they can’t make the right decisions in the interest of preserving democracy and the values this nation has held for decades?

The Greatest Generation that died for our freedoms must be turning in their graves.
11:17 PM - May 13, 2023
Rebecca E
A
You speak the absolute truth! As someone involved fighting like hell to #SaveDemocracy I can attest that this is #AllHandsOnDeck or democracy will not survive.
Levels of involvement: Join a resistance group, write postcards, phone/text bank, write a letter to the editor, #VoteInEveryElection !
11:08 PM - May 13, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Rebecca E.
All of these are simple and effective ways to get involved. Thank you for the suggestions.

Most important is to BE INFORMED. This is crucial. We can’t do that if we tune out politics.
11:21 PM - May 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}