Jenny Eden
A
thread 1/10
For all the "Would be" Mom's... 💞
I remember clearly the day I inadvertently witnessed someone else’s most personal, agonizing despair from inside the procedure room at my OB-GYN’s office. 1/
12:28 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 2/10
I was waiting for my doctor to come in & was already in a vulnerable state, staring at the stirrups awaiting me & feeling cold in my paper gown.

While waiting for what seemed like an eternity, I started to hear the most guttural & primal cries & moans coming from one of the other treatment rooms 2/
12:30 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 3/10
At first, I figured it was someone in labor, but I soon recognized the cries of intense grief. There was no denying it.

I couldn’t see her. I just felt and heard her grief. I wanted to jump from the table and rush in to comfort her. I started sobbing — taking on her pain as my own.
12:30 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 4/10
My suspicions were confirmed as my MD finally came in to examine me.
“What happened?” I asked
She shared that a 12-week sonogram had just revealed a miscarriage. That I was there (sort of) to bear witness to such a painful & personal moment felt so strange to me. I could do nothing to help her.
12:32 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 5/10
I don’t even know who she was or what her story was. Had she been trying for months to get pregnant? Was this her first miscarriage — or one of many heartbreaking incidences. Did she have other children? (Why don’t we talk about this more?)
12:32 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 6/10
The MD saw how affected I was by this & spouted some statistics at me — up to 15% of early pregnancies end in miscarriage, blah blah blah. Was this her way of comforting me? Who was comforting her? Honestly, who could? Is there anything anyone can do to help someone through this kind of pain?
12:34 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 7/10
Why was I one of the lucky ones who never had to experience this?
This Mother’s Day, I want to hold space for all the would-be moms — the women who would give anything to cradle a baby, lose sleep, make curfews, prepare meals, pick up toys, & deal with any amount of stress just to be a mom.
12:37 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 8/10
The woman loaning her body to technology via IVF, IUI, and painful shots in the belly, just to conceive or maintain a pregnancy.
12:38 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 9/10
As we receive our flowers, read our cute handmade cards, go out for our Mother’s Day brunches and snuggle with our kids today, let’s honor and acknowledge all the would-be moms out there, as well as all the men and women who have lost their own moms and struggle silently on this holiday
12:38 PM - May 14, 2023
Jenny Eden
A
thread 10/10
I see you.

I hear you.

I honor you.

I hold you in love and comfort today. And I pray that by next year at this time, you too will be holding your own precious baby and hearing the words “Happy Mother’s Day” for the first time in maybe years with peace in your heart.
12:40 PM - May 14, 2023
wmlockner
A
In response to Jenny Eden.
how thoughtful and beautiful a post despite the agony of it
12:47 PM - May 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}