Pamela
A
Good morning. Squirrels have decided to dig in my flower pots, exposing roots and making a mess. Any suggestions to prevent this? #gardening
Marie Ceselski @greatstateofstlouis
Good morning, Gardeners 👩🏾‍🌾 👨‍🌾 and nature lovers. Welcome to #GardenSunday

Tell us about your #gardening - food, blooms, houseplants- and #nature interests. Share 📷, questions, events, swap plants/seeds

First beet harvest of 2023. Leaves and roots both 😋 and nutricious
08:31 AM - May 14, 2023
08:41 AM - May 14, 2023 (Edited)
jimmiec
A
Tulle. I have used it for years, keeps all critters off my plants, prevents squash borer access, etc. Just lay a piece on the surface.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgUANI2njng&t=999s
A Life SAVER Helps Me GROW Tons of Vegetables Fruit Plants & Seeds in the Garden-Container Gardening - YouTube

Cheap & EASY Tulle protect seedlings, Container Garden, small spaces, patio garden, fruit trees, Papayas, kale, lettuce, tomatoes, Vegetables, flowers and in...

In response to Pamela.
08:36 PM - May 14, 2023 (Edited)
Robin
A
In response to jimmiec.
Same here. Been using the same bolt of tulle for many years. Especially to keep the birds out of my peaches. As my garden expanded, I also purchased lightweight floating row covers, as it comes in greater widths than tulle (cheaper too).
10:03 AM - May 15, 2023
jimmiec
A
In response to Robin.
👍🏼
01:54 PM - May 15, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to jimmiec.
Thank you!
11:34 PM - May 14, 2023
jimmiec
A
In response to Pamela.
Your welcome. Another tip. Critters are attracted to some fertilizers or other material you add when planting. I prepare the plant area/pot a day before planting and they will dig it up and learn nothing there. Then plant. I live in the middle of a forest, every imaginable critter visits my garden.
11:55 PM - May 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}