Bev Turner
A
Not trying to be morbid, recently there was a segment about death doulas. Had no clue this was a thing. With our parents hospice services were wonderful. Doula is derived from a Greek word meaning "woman who serves". Thoughts?
10:59 AM - May 15, 2023
KevinC
A
In response to Bev Turner.
I actually know a death doula. I didn't know it was a thing either.
11:13 AM - May 15, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to KevinC.
It's actually a great idea and could be very helpful during end of life. Definitely not just anybody could do this.
11:54 AM - May 15, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
Death is a part of the cycle of life. Death comes to us all, to every living thing. I am very practical about death and there should be someone there at the end of a life to help the person dying and the family. We need to talk about death a lot more.
11:11 AM - May 15, 2023
Freedom Over Fascism Podcast
A
I think we don't talk about death enough, and we don't treat people well who are going through it. I think hospice workers and death doulas are fantastic...for the person who is dying and their loved ones who don't know how to deal with it.
11:01 AM - May 15, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to Freedom Over Fascism Podcast.
I was a registered respiratory therapist and one part of the job was turning off the ventilator. Most families haven't dealt with or know how to navigate end of life. Once a family member asked me what to do. I just asked her one question. Are you keeping granny "alive" for her or you?
11:05 AM - May 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}