Alberto Pastor
A
"We are naturally going to see plants like clover popping up and sticking around. And by keeping your lawn covered with this versatile, low-maintenance plant, you're actually doing a small part to protect the environment."
🪻🌼💮 #CloverLawns #gardening #plants #environment #pesticides #Spoutible
03:17 PM - May 15, 2023
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
In response to Alberto Pastor.
I also want to get some pussy willow and honeysuckle going around my place, and I need to look into milkweed for the flutterbys.
08:01 PM - May 15, 2023
Janet aka April
A
I have wanted to do this for quite a while. This is a good reference for getting started. Thank you.
06:01 PM - May 15, 2023
George Carlin Was Right
A
Would this work in zone 9? I've got a couple of sections of lawn I'd love to take out and convert. Seems like this might be an option under my mini citrus orchard that now has crappy looking grass.
03:56 PM - May 15, 2023
Alberto Pastor
A
In response to George Carlin Was Right.
I have no idea, I'm sort of a theorical fan of gardening 😁. Check your local experts, sure they have an answer 💚
04:37 PM - May 15, 2023
Dennis Clarke
A
So many folks here confuse Oxalis (wood sorrel) with clover. The blossom in your spout is the genuine article.
03:51 PM - May 15, 2023
A
In response to Dennis Clarke.
I miss purple clover; my yard is rich in white, and I am mowing less frequently to allow the bees to dig in. When I was a kid, you'd see the purple - not as much as the white, but it was definitely around, and I loved it. Cannot recall when I saw it last. Sigh.
07:58 PM - May 15, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Excellent! starting a project which includes clover-izing!

Suggestion: Be sure to you use clovers (actually all plants) that are both native to your area & non-hybridized

Foreign/hybridized plants may look nice but often might as well be pavement to the native insects/fauna

Restore real ecology!
03:49 PM - May 15, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
More specifically, it probably is NOT a good idea to use the Asian varieties mentioned in the article in North America, or the North American varieties in Asia

Even stay within your region, check out what local insects, birds, etc. like.

Excellent resource here:

https://xerces.org/
03:57 PM - May 15, 2023
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
YES!

I've been fortunate, I get about as much clover as grass on my lot, and really enjoy letting it do its thing. I'd love to crowd the grass out, really.
08:00 PM - May 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}