Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 1/4
Here is a video from a young lady I follow on You Tube. Many here have asked about Germany and the Holocaust in relation to Racism and slavery here in the US. Why is history repeating itself here and not in some other countries? In Germany it's because they own their past.
Do Germans Talk About World War II? What Do They Teach About the Holocaust? | Feli from Germany - YouTube

Do Germans talk about the Holocaust? What do they teach about WW2 in school? And is it okay to make a Hitler joke around a German? These are questions I get ...

12:45 PM - May 16, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 2/4
The video is 30 minutes but if you are curious it is definitively worth watching. I knew most all of this as my mother in law was part of the German resistance and assisted downed allied pilots in Southern Germany. My wife's grandparents were part of the anti Hitler movement in Karlsruhe.
12:49 PM - May 16, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 3/4
We have traveled to several Camps and I can tell you it is sobering and chilling to this day. Germans do not want to forget so that they will never repeat. This is why our own cruel history needs to be taught in school so that we are not doomed to keep repeating the mistakes of our past.
12:51 PM - May 16, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
thread 4/4
This is my long winded way of saying what many here already know, banning books, movies, and subjects in schools is not the answer and needs to be condemned and fought against at every level.
12:53 PM - May 16, 2023
GRANDma isn't Right
A
In response to Jay Carpenter🎸🎶.
Germany teaches it in their school, they have museums about it.
Eva Kor, who lived in my hometown and I've had the pleasure of hearing her tell her story, opened a museum to share how and what happened, including how "normal" people just stood by.

Eva:A-7063 is annexcellent movie abut her.
01:03 PM - May 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}