Mike Nunya
A
thread 1/2
Under McCarthy's debt ceiling plan, seiniors on Soc. Sec. would have to have jobs in order to receive Soc. Sec.

What...and I cannot stress this enough...in the actual F*ck?
06:01 PM - May 16, 2023 (Edited)
Mike Nunya
A
thread 2/2
11:52 PM - May 16, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Mike Nunya.
It's not only seniors on the chopping block. There's no chance in hell I can afford my epilepsy meds (~1400$/month) without Medicaid, and going off of them is literally life threatening. I'm not cleared by my neurologist to work, but if a work requirement is added to Medicaid, I'm screwed...
06:21 PM - May 16, 2023
ann heffner
A
I'm, 76 years old. female. 4'10". Have congestive heart failure, High BP, rheumatoid arthritis and only a high school education. I can stand on my feet for less 5 minutes before passing out and have trouble breathing. Who is going to hire me? Or will someone at least kill me quickly?
06:14 PM - May 16, 2023
Cindi K
A
I'm a senior. I just can't. I work now (part-time) and would like to gracefully retire one of these years. Apparently Kev would have it otherwise.
Sassy Musing
A
Supposedly, Social Security and Medicare have been removed from the Republican's requirements. I don't know why we're supposed to believe that. They have been trying to cut benefits and make it private for decades. They want to create top positions that make millions. That'll fix everything! 🤔
Paula Beard
B
I just posted a thread on this subject. We are desperately trying to survive on social security. My 70 yr old husband has been trying for months to get any kind of job to help.. nobody wants to hire a 70 yr old.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}