Margo Green
A
thread 1/2
I'm respectfully going to say this. We people in red states are victims of massive gerrymandering and voter suppression. We need your support and help, not your recriminations. We're fighting hard, we're exhausted. Please consider this before you make generalizations.
09:38 AM - May 17, 2023 (Edited)
Margo Green
A
thread 2/2
Thank you! I will check them out.
05:50 PM - May 17, 2023
Laura M
A
In response to Margo Green.
Ohio here. I agree with this 💯. We are not red, we’re rigged.
08:05 PM - Nov 10, 2023
PhiNight
A
That's an important point.
Consider: Even in "red" states*, the % of voters registered as GOP is less than half.
(*w/4 exceptions: ID, OK, UT, & WY, and only ID & WY are over 51%.)
03:03 AM - Sep 24, 2023
Francy NOT Fancy
A
It's also worth mentioning that to often, Republicans run unopposed, leaving voters with no other choice.
08:52 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Francy NOT Fancy.
You are absolutely correct.
09:52 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Celt MacGann
A
Thank you. Well said and an important message.💙✌️
09:45 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
Agreed! Ohioans are fighting relentlessly.
03:09 PM - May 22, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Jennifer Moore Baker.
Thank you! We in TX are as well.
03:59 PM - May 22, 2023
K Ray
A
Apathy & complacency will be the death of our democracy. Everyone, Everywhere, All at Once...run for office...ANY OFFICE. Donate to a campaign, organize/volunteer for a campaign, register voters, GET OUT THE VOTE! EARLY VOTE...DO NOT WAIT! PAY ATTENTION, PEOPLE!!! https://runforsomething.ne...
06:32 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to K Ray.
Yes, yes, and yes
07:29 PM - May 17, 2023
Trust Facts
A
My neighborhood (red state) has usually had mostly Republican political signs in yards, but in 2020 and 2022, they have not appeared at all and there were some Beto signs along with BLM signs!

I know that many are still voting red, but they don't seem to be as proud of it!
It's a step! 😉
05:19 PM - May 17, 2023 (Edited)
Renae Duncan
A
In response to Trust Facts.
My neighbor has stopped wearing his MAGA hat, which is extra impressive because he used to wear it every day.
05:21 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
Well, that's a little encouraging anyway, but it may be because they're not sure who's running yet
05:24 PM - May 17, 2023
Trust Facts
A
Yes! There are blue metro areas in my state, but the rural areas watch Fox and believe it all. We are trying and the young voters are helping!
05:11 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
Good to know. I really want to see Gen Z out in full force.
05:26 PM - May 17, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
How can we help?
04:36 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Merci Merci Me.
If you can throw some $$ at the dem candidates which I will be posting about or at some of the organizations that are fighting for us i.e. abortion, immigration, moms demand action etc. If you don't have $$ maybe postcards for voters. And thanks for asking.
05:41 PM - May 17, 2023
ann heffner
A
realistically, what can we do to help? Which is better, to help innocent afraid people to get out, or to try to vote like our lives depend on it? I'm safe in PA for now, what I'm seeing from FLA scares the hell out of me. I'm lost for what's the best thing to do? What can we do from here?
04:31 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to ann heffner.
Post cards for voters maybe or throw some $$ at dem candidates or organizations that are fighting these laws if you have any to spare. You can google orgs in TX to see which ones you're aligned with. But most of all tell people we are NOT voting against our own interests and are fighting like hell.
05:46 PM - May 17, 2023
Miss Butter
A
You have all my sympathy and respect.

I wonder how we can break the gerrymandering logjam. Maybe if we didn't have Sinema and Manchin, we could federalize this kind of thing.
04:09 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Miss Butter.
Thank you! I know there are multiple law suits filed, but it takes time to get them through the courts. In the meantime we will carry on as best we can. BTW, I would love to see Sinema and Manchin out the door personally.
05:49 PM - May 17, 2023
Carolyn Cruz
A
Here in Arizona the R's heavily gerrymandered this state. I live in Sierra Vista which is in Cochise County. My district includes the city of Casa Grande which is in Pinal County. The city of Bisbee AZ which is in the same county as Sierra Vista is in another district.
01:59 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Carolyn Cruz.
It's crazy. I honestly don't understand why it's legal.
03:15 PM - May 17, 2023
Malcolm Johnson
A
Here's a problem, though. In the 2022 Texas Governor's Race, only 9 million people voted. (46% turnout).

13.7 million Texans did not vote.

A Governor's race cannot be gerrymandered.

I know what Texas has done to suppress the vote, but staying home is not the answer.
01:47 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Malcolm Johnson.
I agree and I know the GOP does all this in the hopes people will just give up and not vote because it's too hard. We have to get people out to vote regardless. It's not easy, but I usually ask everyone I know or meet if they're registered or have a plan to vote.
03:18 PM - May 17, 2023
ChrisKinFLA
A
100%

I really hate that gif of Bugs Bunny sawing off Florida

I choose to stay and fight for those who can't leave
01:17 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to ChrisKinFLA.
Thank you so much!
01:43 PM - May 17, 2023
TheForty(3)YearOldXennial (he/him)
A
Yep, some red states have some nice blue dots like Austin in Texas. Hell, I'm in SoCal and San Bernardino/Riverside is quite red historically.

Thankfully, I have Pete Aguilar in my district which is nice even though it got altered into another district with another democrat.
01:16 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to TheForty(3)YearOldXennial (he/him).
We do have blue dots and those are the ones being targeted the most.
01:44 PM - May 17, 2023
Paula Beard
B
Margo, you got that right! Everyone should remember that all those red states are home to a lot of democrats who are fighting against the GQP strongholds, gerrymandered for so long that voter apathy is our worst enemy.
01:14 PM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Paula Beard.
Yes! I'm so glad you understand the problem. Thank you!
01:45 PM - May 17, 2023

Only followers of this user (MaryPocrnic) can see their posts

Diana Raabe
A
In response to Jane Austen's RomCom Mistress.
There’s an ancillary effect on what a governor can do / pass / veto when the opposing party has a majority large enough to override him / her / them.
11:01 AM - May 17, 2023
Trust Facts
A
In response to Jane Austen's RomCom Mistress.
No, but voter suppression does. My state tries to scare minority voters.
05:14 PM - May 17, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
💯👏 I’m a #Jerseygirl but y’all have all of my RESPECT 👏🙌
10:05 AM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
Thank you so much!
10:13 AM - May 17, 2023
Michael Allbritton
A
I always try to keep this mind. Not everyone in a red state is a Nazi.
10:04 AM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Michael Allbritton.
Thank you! We really are trying.
10:13 AM - May 17, 2023
Susan Simon
A
Open to links to any local organizations that can use a few dollars from the rest of us. And any other suggestions you have of how exactly to support other than sending money to candidates....and how to know who to support in state legilatures that draw the district lines.
10:04 AM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Susan Simon.
Thank you so much! I will try to post some information in the next day or so or as it come up.
10:15 AM - May 17, 2023
(((Pro-Choice Morgana)))
A
In response to Susan Simon.
Field Team 6 is an on the ground volunteer organization that registers Democrats in red districts. I recommend them highly. https://www.fieldteam6.org...
11:08 AM - May 17, 2023
Shawn Scott
A
Margo, appreciate you trying to be respectful when these comments made by Sue are anything but. As @FruitFacedFruitKace says time and time again, those states she’s railing on about are home to the majority of black and brown people and LGBTQI folks. Hope Sue sees the light.
09:43 AM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Shawn Scott.
Thank you Shawn. I just want to educate people, not put them down or fight with them. Hopefully we can continue to have civil conversations here without the drama on other sites.
10:23 AM - May 17, 2023
Bev Turner
A
So tired of hearing this mantra of just move. Us blue dots in red states are trying hard, so hard.
09:41 AM - May 17, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Indeed we are and we're exhausted. We need support. I wish more people understood that.
10:27 AM - May 17, 2023
Reet Petite
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Also ALL Y’ALL #Democrats are needed. The South isn’t a monolith. As a Dem who has lived in urban Georgia & rural Louisiana, they have very different needs So please don’t pit moderates vs. progressives vs. liberals vs. conservatives, etc. We need to lift up all the players on the #VoteBlue team.
10:38 AM - May 17, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}