Mary OContrary
A
In response to Ann TKTK.
Exactly my thought when I read that.
07:22 PM - May 17, 2023
JeffCO
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
I think it was the inevitable outcome of the christofascist push to defund the public school system. A necessary step is to divert funds, first through the charter school scams & religious indoctrination academies, and then direct payments to homeschoolers. Hollow out schools and they collapse.
07:01 PM - May 17, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to JeffCO.
Yes, the push toward school vouchers def has played a huge role in defunding public schools.
07:06 PM - May 17, 2023
Participation Trophy Wife
A
More probable----Christian homeschooler mom has one year of community college toward a paralegal "degree." But thinks she is qualified to teach Earth Science to her 5th grader.
06:53 PM - May 17, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Participation Trophy Wife.
Bingo.

I have an Evangelical Aunt who has only a HS diploma yet homeschooled their 5 children. All the kids are grown now. Two of them are mowing lawns for a living, one of them works for their family business because it's "easy", another married and is a SAHM. Not sure about the 5th.
07:03 PM - May 17, 2023
K Ray
A
I've seen the best and worst of homeschooling. I've known 2 families, parents with advanced degrees, and their kids were national merit scholars. There were those I gave educational museum tours to, and was constantly interrupted, and "corrected" by parents w/no History degree or training. 🙄
06:46 PM - May 17, 2023
INTJohn
A
and it’s a form of child abuse to teach misinformation to children. This is what these people believe evolution to be. Some crazy interpretation from their little minds.
06:28 PM - May 17, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
Barry Berkman as well.
06:27 PM - May 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}