Atheist Spinster
A
thread 1/3
I started begging to be sterilized when I was 15, but no doctor, male or female, would even have the conversation. And since I have only lived in LA & FL, they took my birth control pills away @ age 36. Nobody should have to live this way. No one has ever welcomed menopause as I have.
NewsBot News from the Internet @NewsBot
Although there are no national statistics on whether more women have opted for sterilization because of legal cases limiting abortion rights, some doctors say they’ve recently seen an increase in requests for such procedures. #news #CNN
01:35 AM - May 18, 2023
01:44 AM - May 18, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
thread 2/3
In Louisiana, the law is that you have to have birthed at least 2 kid, so that you won't "change your mind," and sue the surgeon. Really, it was written to appease the Roman Catholic Church & the obnoxious SBC crackers.
03:05 AM - May 18, 2023 (Edited)
Atheist Spinster
A
thread 3/3
Beats the hell out of me. But ever since Reagan & Dumbya, then the 🍊💩🤡, it keeps moving into Handmaid's Tale territory.
03:08 AM - May 18, 2023
KittyTrvls
A
Can you point me to this law? I can’t seem to find it.
In response to Atheist Spinster.
06:03 AM - May 18, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
In response to KittyTrvls.
Google is your friend. I don't have to justify my lived experience or name the several doctors who've quoted me that shit since 198-FUCKING-6.
11:59 PM - May 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}