Miriam
A
thread 1/3
Oh, so business is all about the bottom line, you say? Well, Singapore Airlines begs to differ. They just paid their staff an 8-month salary bonus after record profits, recognizing their hard work and sacrifices during the pandemic. Senior management won't receive the bonus. #BusinessBeyondProfit
07:30 AM - May 18, 2023
Miriam
A
thread 2/3
Corporations frequently resort to the excuse of staying competitive as a means to avoid paying workers fair wages or justifying price hikes. This tired rhetoric serves as a convenient cover for their insatiable greed and lack of genuine concern for their employees or customers.
07:43 AM - May 18, 2023
Miriam
A
thread 3/3
Rather than acknowledging their own shortcomings or exploring alternative approaches, these corporations persistently deceive the public with their self-serving narratives. We need to do better at challenging these deceptive practices and demand greater accountability from these profit-driven entiti
07:44 AM - May 18, 2023 (Edited)
Janet Nokleby
A
In response to Miriam.
The BEST experience I've ever had flying. Singapore Airlines is a class act!
08:41 PM - May 18, 2023
William Turner
A
In response to Miriam.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:20 PM - May 18, 2023
Ell Pace
B
In response to Miriam.
They suppose to be a very good airlines so is Emirates
08:08 PM - May 18, 2023
William Tulloch
A
In response to Miriam.
This is a great example of how corporations should treat employees, but we cannot be economic Blanche DuBois and rely on the goodness of corporations. We must structure markets to incentivize this behavior and disincentivize the greedy types, which is what good progressive policies do.
11:18 AM - May 18, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to William Tulloch.
Absolutely but unfortunately at the moment good progressive policies can only be passed by good progressive politicians which there are far and few of. Money out of politics needs to be a top priority
12:11 PM - May 18, 2023
LaMott Jackson (CG)
A
In response to Miriam.
I absolutely love this, but...

I'd like to know if this is more than just a performative action going forward. Companies will do things like this for the moment, to look good for optics, then never again. I hope to see them get the same or something like it the following years going forward.
08:12 AM - May 18, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to LaMott Jackson (CG).
Agreed. They tend to do everything for optics however regardless of the motives behind the strategic moves if it means the wealth is being distributed even slightly more fairly then there's hope
09:01 AM - May 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}