Jeff Young
A
thread 1/3
The RW believe people who are already wealthy do not have enough money, and poor people have too much money.

The RW believe wealthy people are of superior character and deserve wealth, and poor people are poor because of their character.

You can see those values reflected in their budget.
07:52 AM - May 18, 2023
Jeff Young
A
thread 2/3
The RW wants people to "work" for benefits like Social Security and food stamps because they believe people are poor because they are lazy, and not because of their circumstances.

People earn those benefits by working.

They also deserve them because they are human beings.
07:52 AM - May 18, 2023
Jeff Young
A
thread 3/3
A reminder that Social Security is an *EARNED BENFIT* not a handout.

Working people have already earned that benefit, and the benefit you receive is based on your work history.

Working people should not have to work more for a benefit we have already earned.
07:53 AM - May 18, 2023
Crystal May
A
Everyone quotes "1984" but no one remembers "Animal Farm"?

"Boxer, a horse, is a tragic hero. He is a hard worker, strong, loyal and caring. He also fights bravely against the humans. Unfortunately, he is too loyal, the pigs take advantage of this and work him until he collapses."

Then slaughtered
In response to Jeff Young.
09:22 AM - May 18, 2023
gdavidbrown
A
In response to Crystal May.
As an Orwell fan, of course, I have never forgotten Animal Farm. :-) The actions of the pigs come to mind frequently as i fight against R actions.
09:47 AM - May 18, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Crystal May.
Oh, I remember Animal Farm, my favorite from Mr. Eric Blair. First experienced it as an animated film if you can believe it. "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."
09:37 AM - May 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}