Reclusive Jerk
A
Seven more work days till they force me onto first shift for the summer. 😭 The whole reason I work second shift is because I have extreme difficulty with early mornings due to chronic illnesses. I keep telling myself it’s only for a couple months…
11:40 AM - May 18, 2023
Laga Ratica
A
In response to Reclusive Jerk.
HR pro here & my spidey sense is tingling

I hope that you can document that you resisted this change and that they denied your "request for reasonable accommodation" so they can't use tardiness to fire you.
11:47 AM - May 18, 2023
Reclusive Jerk
A
In response to Laga Ratica.
I only just started working here in March and they told me in the interview that’s how they schedule in the summer, so I’m feeling like it’d be my fault for accepting the job, if that makes sense. I have chronic migraine and waking to an alarm is a huge trigger. 🤦‍♀️
01:01 PM - May 18, 2023
Laga Ratica
A
In response to Reclusive Jerk.
Oh OK that does make sense

I understand not wanting to make waves at a new job. If I were your HR person I would want to know how I could help you succeed on 1st shift

But that attitude is not universal
02:11 PM - May 18, 2023
Reclusive Jerk
A
Thank you for being a great HR person! I feel like a lot of them forget the “human” part. The first shift thing is only for about two and a half months, so hopefully I can handle it.
In response to Laga Ratica.
02:35 PM - May 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}