Mary OContrary
A
While our #Twitter accounts remain active for now, we can work in tandem and reduce our engagement/likes/posts on the site.

Nothing bothers Muskrat more than to watch his engagement numbers drop.

Lets send him a very clear, indisputable message.

#ElonMusk
Andrea Junker @Strandjunker
We can live without Twitter but Twitter cannot live without us. It’s as simple as that.
04:12 PM - Feb 04, 2023
03:08 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Michael McGarry
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
That’s true.
So many people haven’t understood just how the bird, or any platform on the internet, generates revenue.
Your 👀 are valuable.
Not visible, no ad $$’s.
Elmo filing for bankruptcy would be hilarious.
He is overextended.
04:23 PM - Aug 15, 2023
Ell Pace
B
Deactivated Twitter the day Spoutible started great decision.
07:59 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Licia
A
I support my buddies over at Twitter, but I no longer originate any new posts. I also realized that some people that I like are also fairly toxic and dramatic; thus, it's perfectly okay if they don't come here. It's best to find people who have never waded in that cesspool.
09:34 PM - Mar 04, 2023
Prefab Spout
A
I had to delete my account because I hate the idea of giving Musk money or boosting troll engagement. But I know not everyone has that luxury.
However, if you can you should.
10:48 AM - Mar 04, 2023
Alice
A
My account is still there to protect my handle but it is now a private account. I don't tweet anymore so don't create content but as some local government organizations, etc still only use the bird or phasebk, I do check once a day mostly when we have a risk of severe weather.
10:27 AM - Mar 04, 2023
Sandy Richards
A
My time on that site is being used to promote Spoutible.
10:35 AM - Feb 13, 2023 (Edited)
Simon Sands
A
Agreed with ALL FACTS!!!!!
10:25 AM - Feb 13, 2023
watertigernyc
A
My time there has dropped precipitously since this place launched.

I don't know if there's any truth to the rumor that if you delete your account, unsavory types can co-opt your name. I think it's better to lock down your account and just leave it there.

YMMV.
05:01 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to watertigernyc.
I've heard the same and plan to keep my account active without being active on the site. I like the cover photo that another commenter here has on his Twitter page and may update mine to something similar as a manner of protest.
05:13 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Susan Sevranek
A
Muskrat !! Perfect ????????
04:47 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Susan Sevranek.
I have several names for him and that was the nicest one without pushing the limits on Spoutible. ????
05:14 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Rottiegirl
A
I ck bird app once daily. I no longer like or retweet anything, even on accounts I follow and love. I leave one comment a day inviting a friend to join us here. I’ll give it a couple months for Spoutible to get all the kinks out, then I’m deleting my account there. Twitter is toxic. Who needs that?
03:25 PM - Feb 12, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Rottiegirl.
Same here and if we all do this, the content creators and journalists can’t help but notice. That can serve to help convince more of them to setup accounts here.

We just need the ability to get notifications when our fave accounts post. Also need to fix the thread issue.

All in due time.
03:44 PM - Feb 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}