Panayota Lioupi
A
thread 1/1
I have been reading many comments about how horrible white men are on Spoutible lately. I have a comment to make: I am Greek, I am white and I don’t feel privileged or entitled. My people were slaves of the Turks for 350 years. We had no property, no future. Continued in the comments 1/2
03:32 PM - May 20, 2023 (Edited)
Panayota Lioupi
A
The local Turk lord raped the girls before their wedding night. We had no schools or doctors. 350 years. So please, be careful when you call me, or any Greeks for that matter, privileged. Because these comments are absolute and insulting. I know what racism is, all Greeks do. I am not the enemy. 2/2
In response to Panayota Lioupi.
03:37 PM - May 20, 2023
Giordana
A
In response to Panayota Lioupi.
I think the issue is *context*. There is a difference in the African American experience that continues to the present day - it's ongoing and relentless with the additional overlay of embedded *systemic racism* that is *anti black*. Like you, I have experienced racism but not in the same context.
03:46 PM - May 20, 2023
Panayota Lioupi
A
In response to Giordana.
Agree. So I’m simply asking people to be more specific & avoid sweeping statements, so instead of ‘white folk are all ignorant & privileged’ they could say ‘Middle/upper-class American white conservatives are ignorant’ If I say sth non-politically correct I’ll be attacked, won’t I? There you have it
05:11 AM - May 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}